Creating the Vision
LOCATION: Honolulu, Hawai`i
COMPLETION DATE: March 2012
SQUARE FOOTAGE: 66,000 SF
CONSTRUCTION COST: $25 Million
AWARDS/CERTIFICATIONS: LEED Platinum Certification – 2012
Next Design worked with Kiewit Building Group on a Design-Build project for the new Fitness Center at Pearl Harbor Naval Station.
The new fitness center consolidates and enhances numerous existing indoor fitness structures. The two-story 66,000 square foot fitness center now house:
- NCAA regulation basketball court with bleachers
- With two overlaid volleyball courts
- 14,000 square foot Fitness Area
- Training Rooms / Classrooms
- MWR Offices
- Locker Rooms
- Storage, laundry, and various support and amenity spaces
The project also required working with the State Historic Preservation Division in order to mitigate visual and construction impact on the existing historic engineering elements and National Park surroundings.